skinless chicken breast half, cubed
black beans, drained and rinsed
canned crushed tomatoes
( I used diced mexican tomatoes.)
finely chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo
chopped fresh cilantro
garlic clove, minced
( cut or torn into bite-sized pieces)
hot cooked white rice
shredded cheddar cheese or
monterey jack pepper cheese
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray a rectangular glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken in an even layer in baking dish.
- In a bowl combine beans, corn, tomatoes, chipotle chili peppers, cumin, cilantro and garlic then pour mixture evenly over chicken.
- Sprinkle with tortilla pieces then bake for 30 minutes.
- To serve divide rice evenly among four serving bowls and top with chicken mixture.
- Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese and cilantro if desired.