minced garlic clove
rice wine vinegar
- In medium pan over low to medium heat simmer soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, vinegar, and ginger root.
- After 15 minutes, add pineapple juice and orange juice.
- Up to 2 hours before cooking time pour the marinade into a shallow baking pan or a ziplock bag that you've placed in a bowl to avoid spillage, add strips of beef, chicken pieces, steaks, OR pork chops, etc.
- Place in refrigerator to marinate.
- It is recommended that you use the marinade only once, for one kind of meat, then discard. If you are making two kinds of meat, such as chicken and beef, divide the marinade and allow the different meats to work in different containers.
- Meat can be cooked in a variety of ways. Steak or beef strips are good placed over hot coals on a grill. Cook steaks to your preference. Beef strips will cook quickly, turn often, watch closely. Chicken is best baked or broiled until juices run clear. Pork can be cooked on the grill or in the oven until no longer pink.