2 (1/3 ounce) package
orange gelatin mix
2 (11 ounce)
mandarin oranges, drained
1 (8 ounce)
pineapple tidbits, drained
1 (8 ounce)
cream cheese, softened
- Dissolve packages of orange gelatin mix in 2 cups of boiling water and stir well. Add 2 cups of cold water and stir.
- Place gelatin mixture in a medium size bowl and allow to get cold in refrigerator. When gelatin mixture is slightly beginning to set around edges of bowl (test frequently -- you do not want it to completely set) remove from refrigerator.
- With an electric mixer beat softened cream cheese in a separate bowl and add small amounts (starting with tablespoons full) of gelatin mixture while beating. This will insure the mixture to be smooth.
- By hand, stir in drained mandarin oranges and drained pineapple tidbits. Stir in mini marshmallows. (If you elect to use crushed pineapple, drain extremely well.).
- Pour into a 2 or 3 quart pyrex dish and place in refrigerator. Let mixture get completely cold for at least 6 hours before serving.
- Cut in squares and serve salad on lettuce leaf.
- Note: If you want more of an orange flavor, use 3 ounces of cream cheese.