fresh corn on the cob
fresh cilantro, chopped fine
red onion, chopped
red pepper, chopped
red ripe tomatoes
( the bigger the better)
- To make the salsa: Cut corn from the cob and place in a mixing bowl.
- Zest the lime into corn, then juice it as well and stir into the corn.
- Add in cilantro, olive oil, red onion, red pepper and cumin. Stir and allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
- Cut each tomato almost all the way through into eights. Place each on a plate and open tomato to make a large flower.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt on each tomato.
- Place 1/4 of the salsa into the center of each tomato. Serve room temperature
- If you want to make a full meal of this, add 1 cup grilled or broiled chicken or shrimp seasoned with olive oil and garlic.