whole blanched almond
1 1/4 teaspoons
fresh thyme leave
fresh rosemary leaf
- Place almonds in medium bowl and cover with 3 inches of water. Let soak 24 hours. Drain and rinse.
- Puree almonds, lemon juice, 3 T olive oil, garlic, salt and 1/2 cup water in blender or food processor for 6 minutes or until really creamy.
- Place a triple layer of cheesecloth in strainer and spoon almond mixture onto cheesecloth. Bring sides together twist into an orange-sized ball and secure with a twist tie. Chill for 12 hours.
- Line baking sheet with parchment and transfer almond ball from cheesecloth. Shape to look like a 6" round of brie (about 3/4" thick). (Note, I just put it into a pretty pottery bowl and baked it. Then I could pour the oil on top and serve it. No parchment needed.).
- Bake 40 minutes or until top is slightly firm. Cool. Then chill.
- Combine 1/4 cup olive oil with herbs and heat over medium low heat until heated through but not simmering. Cool to room temperature and drizzle over almond spread just before serving.
- Spread on crusty bread or crakers. You'll love it!