bananas, peeled and ripe
6 1/2 tablespoons
- Combine bananas, lemon juice and 3 cups sugar in a pan and let stand 1 hour.
- After 1 hr, add remaining sugar and place pan over medium-high heat; stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring mix to a boil for two minutes.
- Remove pan from flame and skim off any foam.
- Place pan over heat again for 1 minute.
- Again, remove and skim off foam.
- Add butter and bring mix to a boil again.
- Add pectin and stir constantly.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Skim off foam.
- Allow jam to cool for 7 min before adding to canning jars.
- Wipe jar edges with a clean cloth, place lids and screw on bands fingertip-tight.
- Close jars and process in a boiling water bath for 10 min to create seal.
- Remove from water and place on a cloth-protected counter to cool undisturbed for 24 hours.
- Check for seal; re-process unsealed jars or refrigerate and use first.