cooked long-grain rice
1 (3 ounce) packages
cream cheese, softened
1 (20 ounce) cans
packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon
- In a saucepan, combine 3 1/2 c milk, rice, sugar, and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring occasionally.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese.
- Beat in eggs and remaining milk.
- Stir into rice mixture.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes over medium heat until mixture reaches 160 degrees.
- Add vanilla.
- Spoon into six dessert dishes.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside.
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, butter, salt and pineapple juice.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in vanilla and pineapple.
- Spoon over pudding.