thin sliced quality cuts steak
2 (4 ounce) cans
whole roasted green chili peppers
( not chopped)
2 -3 slices monterey jack pepper cheese or 2 -3 slices
white Mexican blend cheese
( sliced length wise)
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Sautee onion, garlic and tomato for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Set mixture aside.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Cut green chile into long strips and set aside.
- Sprinkle seasoning salt on both sides of steak.
- Broil steaks (I broil the thin cuts 3-4 minutes) on one side.
- Remove from oven and place mixture of tomato, onion and garlic evenly on unbroiled side of steaks.
- Top with 2-3 strips of green chile.
- Next,place a slice of cheese on top of each steak (you will cover mixture and green chile strips with cheese slice.) Broil until steak is done and cheese is melted (about 3 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy!