1 1/2 lbs
boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in strips
sliced large onion
sliced green bell pepper
1 (8 ounce) cans
kraft zesty Italian dressing
4 -6 inches
sliced provolone cheese
mayonnaise, if desired
- Heat oil in skillet, add onions, peppers & mushrooms. Continue to stir occasionally. Until they are browned and onions start to carmelize.
- While they are cooking, place chicken in a nonstick skillet and stir in italian dressing, cook on medium/high heat. Continue to stir as needed, until chicken is cooked throughly.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Place hoagie buns open on a cookie sheet. Top each bun with 1/4 of chicken and 2oz of provolone.
- Bake in oven for about 5 minutes, just until cheese is melted.
- Top each with pepper mixture, lettuce, tomato and mayo if desired.