self raising flour
40 g butter or 40 g
1 1/2 tablespoons
little extra flour
- Pre heat oven to 425f 220c.
- Sift flour into a bowl.
- Rub butter into flour.
- Mix in sugar and salt and cherrys.
- Add milk a little at a time and mix with a knife.
- Make sure you don't over mix or your scones will be hard.
- when your mix is ready it should be moist and not too dry turn out dough on floured surface and roll out to 2cm thick, I don't use a rolling pin I just shape with my hands and use a 4cm pastry cutter.
- Place the scones on a greased baking sheet.
- brush with a little milk.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 mins untill med brown.
- Enjoy with a nice cup of tea.