boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups
( blue, pepper jack, or your choice -goat cheese is good too!)
12 -16 slices
( 3-4 pieces of bacon per 1/2 breast., I use thick but regular bacon works too)
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Grease baking pan 13x19 or use non stick pan.
- Cut chicken breasts in half (pretend your chicken is a person and cut around the waist, not long ways).
- Cut a pocket into the side of the breast halve about 3/4th the way through each -- try not to slit through the sides or the cheese will run out.
- Pepper both sizes of the breast for a medium coating. not really thick but not light either.
- Squeeze your cheese of choice down into a compacted little ball and stuff breast halve as tightly as possible but not so much that you can't pinch the open ends of the chicken together.
- Spiral wrap the breast with bacon starting with one of the open corners. I usually spiral wrap it with 2-3 pieces and use the last piece to wrap circularly around the sides. This makes it look nice and covers the ends that the spiral wrapping left bare.
- Use tooth picks to hold your bacon in place. Make sure you don't leave any ends on top of the chicken breast unsecured, they will roll up during cooking and burn and your chicken will dry out --
- Cook for 25-27 minutes, bacon should start to crisp before you remove the dish from the oven. Inside temperature should be 165 or over.
- Remove tooth picks, sprinkle a bit of the chosen cheese on top. Let stand 5 minutes to cool, then serve. -.