whole green chilies, 2 small cans
monterey jack cheese, Pepper Jack for more heat.Sliced to fit in chilies
eggs, seperated.yolks from whites
oil, I use peanut oil
( for frying)
- Drain chilies,Gently open and insert a slice of cheese.Dredge in flour and set aside on a plate.I salt and pepper the flour.
- Beat egg whites to a stiff peak stage.Set aside.
- Seperately mix egg yolks with 3 TBS flour.It will be thick.
- Take a spoon of whites and gently fold into yolks.continue folding whites into yolks til they are combined.
- Heat oil to about 350.
- Dip chilies in batter and then put into hot oil.Fry on each side til golden brown.About 2 minute on each side.
- Serve with salsa on top some refried beans and some warmed tortillas.