orange rind, grated
- Preheat oven 375°.
- Proof the yeast, scald the milk, add butter, sugar and salt to it.
- When lukewarm, add yeast to it; mix well. Add about 2 cups of flour and beat well.
- Add eggs, orange juice and peel. Add flour, mixing well after each addition, until it pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Knead for about 10 minutes. Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Punch dough down and, if you like, let it rise again.
- Divide dough into 3 balls. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Make into braids or buns and rise once more.
- Bake until done. You can frost with a orange icing and sprinkle some nuts if desired.