beef short ribs
garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees.
- In a large, oven-safe dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Season short ribs generously with kosher salt, black pepper and ground thyme on all sides.
- In the olive oil, sear the short ribs in batches. About 3 minutes on each side. Transfer ribs to a plate and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium and add garlic and onions. Saute for 4 minutes to soften.
- Add carrots and bay leaf and continue to saute for 3 minutes more. If using other vegetables, add them to the pan now and saute for as long is necessary.
- Add the white wine to the pan and stir to combine ingredients. About 2 minutes.
- Add short ribs and drippings to the pan. Bury the ribs deep into the vegetable mixture and add chicken broth. Cover with a lid.
- Bring pot to a boil and place inside pre-heated oven for 2 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or buttered egg noodles and enjoy!