butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a big bowl. Using your finger tips work in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center.
- Whisk together milk and water and pour into the well reserving some liquid for glazing the scones.
- Quickly stir until a dough forms.
- On a lightly floured surface pat down gently and cut out scones (I use a glass of 7.5 cm in diameter). The dough will be kinda sticky, but you should be able to form it without problems. If not, add some more flour.
- Glaze scones with reserved water-milk-mixture and bake for 10-12 minutes.