6 1/2 lbs
floury potatoes, thinly sliced
peppadew peppers, finely minced
- Heat oven to 220°c.
- Peel, par and thinly slice the potatoes.
- Grease the baking dish well.
- Melt and mix the butter and flour mixture.
- Add the minced peppers. (optional).
- Layer the potatoes in the dish,
- Dredge each layer with the pepper, flour and butter mixture.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of sage on each layer.
- Heat the cream and milk adding the nutmeg and paprika.
- Pour the milk over the potatoes.
- Bake them for 2 hours ~ May be covered for the first 30mins.