stevia, Truvia blend
( I used Gluten-Free Pantry's pie crust mix)
3 -4 tablespoons
1 (20 ounce) cans
pineapple rings, drained and chopped into chunks
( I used no sugar added)
- Melt butter in an 8 x 8 pan or a 9 inch pie dish. You can do this in the oven at a low temperature, or by placing a metal pie pan on an electric stove burner. Make sure the butter doesn't start to bubble.
- While the butter is melting, sift together stevia, flour, baking powder, and spices.
- Mix together agave nectar, vanilla, and milk in a separate bowl, then add it to the dry mix.
- Whisk the batter until smooth, adding the water as necessary to ensure that it has a thick, but pourable consistency.
- Pour the batter over the melted butter--Do Not Stir.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, scatter chopped pineapple over batter in pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until edges of cake are a dark brown, and the center is dry on top, but not entirely firm.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- When cool, cut into squares or wedges, depending on type of pan, and serve with dollops of whipped cream.
- Feel free to experiment with other kinds of fruit!