mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
onion, chopped finely
garlic cloves, crushed
vegetable bouillon cubes
a l'ancienne mustard
( can use all low fat if you wish)
chopped fresh dill
chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper
( to season)
cornflour, mixed with a little water
- In a large pan bring enough water to the boil for the mussels, add mussels, cover, cook for approx 5 Min's until mussels open, discard any that don't, Drain and set to one side. Clean pan.
- Heat oil in same large pan, add onion and garlic, cook until onion softens, add beer, stock, mustard, creams and herbs, stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil and lower heat, add cornflour and stir until sauce thickens slightly.
- Return mussels to the pan, stir to coat in sauce and cook until heated through.
- Serve with hot crusty bread to soak up the sauce.