butter-flavored cooking spray
16 ounces ground sirloin or 16 ounces extra lean ground beef or 16 ounces
ground turkey breast
dried fine breadcrumbs
1 1/4 cups
green bell peppers, chopped
reduced sodium ketchup
low-sodium tomato sauce
diced tomatoes, undrained
dried parsley flakes
- Plug in and generously spray both sides of double-sided electric contact grill with butter-flavored cooking spray and preheat for 5 minutes.
- MAKE PATTIES:.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine meat, bread crumbs, onion, green pepper, catsup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Using a 1/3-cup measuring cup, form into 6 patties.
- Evenly arrange patties on prepared grill. Close lid and grill for 6-8 minutes.
- MAKE SAUCE:.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes, Splenda, and parsley flakes. Cover over medium-low heat while patties are grilling, stirring occasionally.
- For each serving, place 1 patty on a plate and spoon about 1/4 cup tomato sauce over top.