cabbage, finely chopped
( I've used bagged broccoli slaw you can find in some grocery stores in place of this ingredient)
green onions, sliced thin
2 (3 ounce) packages
ramen noodles, original flavor
( I've used rice wine vinegar in place of this(just adjust sugar and salt to taste)
salt and pepper
- Toast sesame seeds and almonds on a cookie sheet in oven until lightly toasted.
- Watch carefully, they can burn quickly.
- Mix cabbage and green onions in a large bowl.
- Crush ramen noodles in the package.
- Open and remove broth packets.
- To make dressing, mix oil, water and vinegar in a jar with a tight lid.
- Add sugar and 1 packet of broth.
- Shake well.
- Taste, and add more sugar, as well as salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, add crushed noodles, almonds and sesame seeds to cabbage mixture.
- Pour on dressing and toss well.
- Serve immediately.