cream of tartar
- Measure all ingredients accurately.
- Stir the flour, dry milk, salt,baking powder, cream of tartar and sugar together until well blended.
- Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender or rub with your hands until it is evenly distributed and the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Store this mix in an air tight container such as glass jars, or in plastic or metal containers.
- Be careful not to pack the mix. Tighten the lids and store at room temperature in a dark place.
- Label and date the container. This mix keeps 4 weeks at room temperatures.
- Freeze for longer storage - up to a year.
- For recipes using this mix, please see my other My Master Mix recipes.