fourme d'ambert cheese
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Add the blue cheese to a pestle and mortar or a large bowl and pound to a smooth paste.
- Now add the whisky drop by drop, and stir into the creamed blue cheese.
- Continue adding whisky for as long as it is still incorporated into the cheese (or as much as the blue cheese can drink!) and it makes a firm cream.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste and pack into ramekins.
- Chill well before serving and serve either as an unusual pâté for a starter or as a savoury dish to end a meal.
- Serve with toast, crackers, water biscuits or oatcakes, and fresh watercress.