1 1/2 cups
Butter Flavor Crisco
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 13 x 9 Cake pan.
- Cream the sugar and shortening well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Mix the flour with the baking soda and set aside.
- Mash the bananas and add the buttermilk to the banana mixture.
- Alternately add the flour mixture.
- Add the bananas to the creamed mixture.
- Add the vanilla and 1/2 cup pecans if you like and mix well.
- (use 1/4 cup of milk and 3/4 tsp vinegar for the buttermilk).
- I like to mash the bananas in the blender to make them smoother.
- Bake 35 - 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean.