granny smith apple, peeled and cored,and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
Thai red curry paste
1 1/2 cups
canned unsweetened coconut milk
chopped fresh basil
( can be made ahead; see separate recipe)
- Melt butter in heavy, large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, apple, and garlic; saute' until onion is soft, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder.
- Add Marsala.
- Boil until liquid is slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Add stock, fish sauce, and curry paste.
- Simmer until liquid is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk; simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain well.
- Return pasta to pot.
- Pour sauce over pasta.
- Stir in crabmeat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer pasta to large bowl.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Serve with chutney.