2 1/2 cups
active dry yeast
- In a large bowl combine 1 1/2 C flour, sugar, yeast and salt.
- In a small saucepan, heat sour cream, water and 2 T butter to 120-130 degrees.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Add one egg and 1/2 C flour; beat 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough--this may mean using 21/2 C flour as noted above or up to 3 cups.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic--about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place or in a warming oven on "bread proof" for one hour.
- Punch down dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 12 pieces.
- Shape each into a ball.
- Place on a greased 9 x 13" baking pan.
- Cover and let rise again, until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake a 375 F for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Melt remaining butter. Brush over rolls. Remove rolls from pan to a wire rack.