1 1/2 lbs extra lean ground chicken (or any combination of the 2) or 1 1/2 lbs
extra lean ground turkey
( or any combination of the 2)
( Hy's brand if you have it)
low-fat swiss cheese
multigrain buns, split
- Preheat BBQ to medium (approx 350º F).
- In large bowl, add onion, chicken and/or turkey, egg, breadcrumbs and spices. Mix well.
- Form the mixture into 8 patties. (You can freeze them at this time to make at a later date. Put parchment between each burger.).
- Place patties on BBQ. Close lid. Cook each side 5-10 minutes or until center is well cooked. Thermometer should be at least 160-170º F.
- For the last 2-3 minutes of cooking the burgers, heat ham slices on grill.
- Place the buns cut side down on the grill and brown slightly.
- Serve chicken/turkey burgers on the buns, topped with ham, then cheese and fixings of choice.