boneless skinless chicken breasts
yellow onion, chopped
carrot, finely chopped
finely grated fresh lemon rind
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon
chicken bouillon cube, dissolved in
fresh sage leaf, for garnish
lemon slice, for garnish
- Sprinkle chicken with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat, lightly brown chicken on both sides for 5- 7 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onion, garlic, and carrot for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until onion just starts to brown.
- Add sage, lemon rind, and remaining salt and pepper.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato and bouillon.
- Scrape up any browned bits in the pan and stir them in.
- Bring to a boil.
- Return chicken and any juices to pan.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken once.
- Stir in lemon juice and cook, uncovered, 5- 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Serve with pan juices.
- Garnish with sage and lemon, if desired.