garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups
arborio risotto rice
4 1/4 cups
dry white wine
salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan.
- Add the garlic and cook lightly for about a minute.
- Over a low heat, add the rice and saute for a couple of minutes, stirring to make sure the rice is coated in butter.
- Add the white wine and let it absorb.
- While the rice is absorbing the wine, heat your chicken stock (this can be done at an earlier stage and kept warm if you prefer). Add the chicken stock 1/2 a cup at a time, stirring occasionally. Each time, make sure the stock is mostly absorbed before you add more or it will be a very runny risotto! The non-stick pan is important for this stage, so the rice doesn't stick when the stock is low.
- When the stock is all absorbed, taste the risotto to make sure the rice is tender (if not, add another 1/4 cup of stock).
- Then stir in the mascarpone and pesto. Stir until completely mixed in.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.