1 1/2 cups
dry roasted peanuts
light corn syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons
kosher salt, for topping
- This recipe is for 900 watt microwave. For variation use a guide of same ingredients and adjust cooking time to 45-50 seconds per 100 watts of your microwave.
- Grease or butter a cookie sheet (TIP) Spray measuring cup with pam to measure corn syrup and spray spatula also to spread on cookie sheet.).
- in 2 quart bowl or casserole dish add sugar, nuts, syrup and salt, mix until most of sugar is combined. Cook on high for 7 minutes. (should be bubbly and peanuts golden).
- Stir in butter, vanilla and cinnamon, cook on high 3 more minutes.
- Quickly, stir in baking soda until foamy (don't over stir, it needs to stay hot to spread).
- Pour onto greased cookie sheet and spread out. Sprinkle gently (or more to taste) with Kosher salt and let cool for 1 hour. Break apart into peices and store in airtight container. (freezes well in ziploc bag for several months).