2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons
chopped green onion
carrots, thinly sliced
celery, cut into 1-inch lengths
( 2 cm lengths)
1 1/2 teaspoons
4 cups vegetables or 4 cups
cauliflower, broken into florets
split red lentils
spinach, washed and finely shredded
( approximately 5 leaves)
- In a heavy-based saucepan, heat butter, margarine or ghee. Add green onions, carrot and celery and fry, stirring occassionally, until vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in curry powder and flour, mixing well. Return pan to heat, cook for 1 minute then gradually add stock. Cook, stirring until sauce boils and thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Add peanut butter, cauliflower and lentils, lower heat and simmer covered 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in spinach, simmer without a lid for 5 minutes or until spinach has wilted slightly.
- Add yogurt and season to tase with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until heated through, about 2 minutes.