1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 cups grated muenster cheese or 1 1/2 cups
( 6 ounces)
eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (190 C).
- Lightly brush a 10 or 11 inch round baking dish with the butter.
- Melt the 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan.
- Add the flour and stir until bubbly (2 to 3 minutes).
- Stir in the milk and simmer, stirring, until thickened.
- Add the Muenster cheese, yogurt, eggs, salt and pepper and stir over very low heat until smooth.
- Line the prepared dish with a sheet of phyllo, folding excess over top.
- Brush with butter.
- Repeat with the second phyllo sheet.
- Spread with about 3/4 cup cheese mixture.
- Top 2 additional phyllo sheets, brushing with butter.
- Repeat layering with remaining cheese mixture and phyllo, ending with phyllo sheets.
- Place in the refrigerator for several minutes to firm, then cut into squares (The pie may be prepared ahead to this point and frozen).
- Bake until golden brown (about 40 minutes).
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.