egg roll wraps
broccoli slaw mix
- Mix pork and broccoli slaw in large mixing bowl. I find it easy to mix using my hands.
- Dice green onions (white and greens).
- Finely dice cilantro and garlic.
- For the onions, cilantro and garlic, I use a mini-food chopper. I t makes it a fine dice.
- Add soy, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil to medium in a large skillet (or you can bake spring rolls in the oven. Spray each side with cooking spray, place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees about 20 minutes until golden. Turn once. Check pork inside spring roll for doneness).
- Place about 2 T of meat mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper.
- Fold in bottom, fold in each side, and bring the top down envelope style. Dip your fingertips in water to seal edges.
- The egg roll wrapper package will have further instructions for folding.
- Keep unused wrappers under a damp paper towel while working or they may dry out.
- This makes about 14-18 spring rolls depending on how much meat you have added.
- Place 4 spring rolls in hot oil.
- Cook about 4 minutes per side watching them carefully. Do not burn.
- Drain on paper towels. Check inside one spring roll for doneness of meat.
- For sauce:.
- Drain pineapple well. reserve juice for another use.
- Using a food processor or mini-chopper, chop pineapple with cilantro.
- Add jalapeno and chop. I use seeds and all. If you don’t want much heat, take the seeds out.
- Add hot sauce ( I use Sriracha) and honey.
- Serve with spring rolls and garnish with cilantro sprigs.