turkey breast cutlets
( 4 4oz portions)
( see instructions below)
fresh ginger, minced or grated
59.14 ml fat free chicken broth or 59.14 ml
- Crush peppercorns with a mortar with pestle or in a spice grinder until coarse. (If you have neither, place the peppercorns in a plastic ball and gently crush them with a rolling pin.) Pat peppercorns on both sides of turkey cutlets. Wrap cutlets flat in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- (Note: If you are using chicken, pound to even thinness prior to crusting them with pepper. ).
- In large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, saute poultry in olive oil 4 to 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink in center. Remove cutlets from pan and keep warm.
- Combine the broth, ginger and 3 tablespoons of finely minced scallion bottoms (white and light green part) together and put into the skillet. Stir scraping the bits from the pan. Cook for just a minute.
- Add the chutney and brandy and cook until warmed. If you like, you can chop the mango chunks in the chutney in advance.
- Plate each cutlet and place one quarter of sauce on top. Garnish with a small sprinkle of chopped scallion greens (tops).