california walnut pieces
garlic clove, minced
( or 1/4 tsp. regular salt)
ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups
frozen baby peas
shredded parmesan cheese
prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- Place walnuts and water in food processor. Puree until very smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan whisk together milk and flour. Add garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring until slightly thickened and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in walnut mixture; simmer and stir over low heat until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas during last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain.
- Combine pasta, peas, Parmesan and sauce. Stir over low heat just until heated through and pasta is evenly coated with sauce.
- Top each serving with a few strips of proscuitto.