day-old cinnamon rolls, torn to small pieces
( about 12 cups)
1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup
1 1/3 cups
- Place the cinnamon roll pieces into greased 9 x13-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the raisins and pecans over them.
- In large bowl, beat the milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour mixture over rolls.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Dot the mixture with the butter slices.
- Place the dish in a roasting pan; fill pan with hot water halfway up sides of baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until bread pudding is set in center.
- To make the sauce, heat whipping cream and 1/4 cup sugar on top of a double boiler over simmering water.
- Combine egg yolks and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl; beat until well blended.
- Stir some of the hot cream mixture into the egg mixture; return egg mixture to double boiler.
- Stirring constantly, cook 8-10 minutes or until thickens slightly and coats a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Serve warm sauce over bread pudding.