fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
vanilla bean, split
( 4-inch piece)
1 3/4 cups
fresh gingerroot, peeled
( 1/4-inch thick)
- Cut pineapple into quarters lengthwise; cut each quarter crosswise into 1/2-inch slices, and set aside.
- Scrap seeds from vanilla bean into a skillet; discard bean (or make vanilla sugar).
- Add water, sugar, and ginger root to skillet; stir. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add pineapple slices; cook 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into a bowl; cover and chill.