boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 tablespoons
extra virgin olive oil
finely chopped green onion
minced garlic cloves
dry white wine
fresh lemon juice
chopped fresh parsley
( plus more to garnish)
grated lemon zest
- Pound chicken to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over high heat.
- Lightly coat chicken with flour shaking off excess.
- Cook in skillet until brown and nearly cooked through.
- Remove chicken and reserve on the side.
- Add 1/2 tsp oil to the skillet reducing heat to low.
- Saute green onions and garlic until tender.
- Deglaze the pan with broth and wine (scraping browned bits from pan).
- Add lemon juice and parsley.
- Bring mixture to a boil over high heat (3 min).
- Add lemon peel and salt and pepper to taste.
- Return chicken to skillet and coat with sauce.
- Cover skillet for 5 minutes over medium-low heat turning chicken once.
- Plate the chicken and top with sauce and parsley for garnish.