3/4 cup Guinness stout or 3/4 cup
other dry irish stout beer
swiss cheese, Kerrygold grated
cheddar cheese, Kerrygold Vintage grated
dubliner cheese, Kerrygold grated
3 1/2 cups
pasta, cooked and cooled
( clover-shaped if available, otherwise elbow)
- Preheat oven to 350° F and butter a 9x13-inch baking dish or six 6-ounce ramekins.
- Cook pasta acording to its directions. Al dente is fine. Cool pasta and set aside for later.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt 1 teaspoon of the butter. Add the shallots and cook until soft, but not browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the Guinness and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Then add the cream and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Seperately, Melt remaining 2 teaspoons of butter.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked pasta, cheese, and cream mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan or ramekins. Top with bread crumbs and spoon melted butter over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until bread crumbs are lightly browned and sauce is bubbling.