( 105 F to 115 F)
2 (1/4 ounce) package
active dry yeast
( 5 - 5 1/2 cups)
- Place milk and 4 tablespoons butter in 2-cup glass measuring cup. Microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes. Add enough warm water to measure 2 cups.
- Combine sugar, egg and salt in large bowl; mix well. Add milk mixture; mix well. Stir in yeast; let stand 2 minutes.
- Add 3 cups flour. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth and elastic. Add 2 cups flour. Mix dough with hook or stir in by hand until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour by hand to make dough easy to handle.
- Place dough into greased bowl. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter; brush top of dough. Reserve remaining melted butter. Cover; let rise until double in size (about 45 minutes). (Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.).
- Punch down dough; divide in half. Shape each half on lightly floured surface into 12 buns. Place buns onto two greased (15x10x1-inch) jelly-roll pans. Brush with reserved melted butter. Cover; let rise until double in size (about 1 hour).
- Heat oven to 375°F Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan immediately. Brush buns with reserved melted butter, if desired.