zucchini, sliced in rounds
1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans
cream of chicken soup
( low fat works well)
1/2 lb butter (this can be reduced if desired to 1/4 lb) or 1/2 lb
( this can be reduced if desired to 1/4 lb)
pepperidge farm seasoned stuffing mix
- - steam sliced zucchini on stop top until tender; then drain well in colander.
- - melt margarine and then add stuffing mix; fluff with fork and set aside,
- - combine soup, sour cream, and onions then add in drained zucchini and mix carefully to coat zucchini but not break or mush zucchini.
- - spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray; layer bottom with half zucchini mixture; then layer with half stuffing mixture; another layer of zucchini and then top with remaining stuffing. Alternatively you can use a 13x9 pan and put all zucchini on bottom and top with one layer of stuffing.
- - bake 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes or until bubbly.