7 -8 cups
1 1/2 cups
3 -4 tablespoons
- Peel and cut up squash into cubes.
- Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and spread on a cookie sheet and bake 30-40 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Bring stock to a simmer and set aside.
- Heat last tablespoon of olive oil and add diced onion and cook still soft.
- Add 1/3 of cooked squash, minced garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add rice and cook until separated.
- Stir in one ladleful of warm stock and add sage. Keep adding stock as it is absorbed. Takes about 20-25 minutes.
- Taste and add seasoning if needed.
- Add remaining squash another 1/2 cup of stock for that creamy risotto look.
- Add parmesan and parsley and last add pepper.