2 1/2 teaspoons
butter, chilled and cut in small cubes
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Cut in butter using pastry cutter or use 2 knives.
- With fork stir in buttermilk to make a soft dough (I have used an equal amount of buttermilk powder with added water and it works wonderfully in this recipe.
- Turn out onto lightly floured workspace and knead no more than 10 times to form a ball (if you over do it the biscuits can be tough).
- Roll into a 6" x 6" square.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Cut into 12 portions but do not separate.
- Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with butter, honey, jam, or gravy.