1 lb Italian bread (about 15 cups) or 1 lb
French bread, cut into cubes
( about 15 cups)
coffee-flavored liqueur, such as Kahlua
packed light brown sugar
hershey cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons
eggs, lightly beaten
semisweet chocolate, grated
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Place the bread in the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, cream and liqueur.
- In another bowl, combine the granulated and brown sugars with the cocoa powder and mix well.
- Add this to the milk mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add the vanilla and almond extracts and the cinnamon to the beaten eggs.
- Combine the egg mixture with the milk mixture and mix well.
- Stir in the grated chocolate.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the bread cubes;.
- Let stand, stirring occasionally, for at least 20 minutes, or until the bread has absorbed most of the milk mixture.
- Bake the pudding for 1 hour, or until set;.
- a knife inserted into the center of the pudding should come out clean.
- Serve the pudding warm or refrigerate it and serve chilled.