1 (1133.98 g)
pork loin roast
( cut into 4 or 5 big pieces)
garlic cloves, crushed
brown sugar, packed
( don't worry about that lumping up-it won't)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a bowl, combine sage, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Rub roast with olive oil so rub will stick to the roast.
- Rub mix all over roast.
- Cover with plastic wrap tightly.
- Marinate for about 2 hours (if you don't have time for that it'll still be fine.
- Sprinkle the Worcestershire sauce on right before you put it in the oven.
- Place roast in either a roasting pan or glass dish on top of the onion.
- Pour 1/4 cup water in bottom.(don't pour it over the roast).
- Place in oven on middle rack.
- Cover for the first 2 hours then uncover for remaining time.
- Bake approximately 3 hours or until internal temperature is at least 150°F depending on your desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, place sugar, flour,vinegar, water and soy sauce in small saucepan. Heat, stirring occasionally until mixture begins to bubble and thicken slightly.
- Brush roast with glaze 3 or 4 times during last half hour of cooking.
- When roast is done (I use a meat thermometer to ensure that it's done). Take out of oven, pour remaining glaze on and let rest set about 10 minutes before carving.