pinto beans, mashed
5 -6 cups
- Combine the milk, beans, sugar, salt, shortening, and 1 tablespoon of the flour.
- Stir in the yeast and wait for it to bubble.
- If it has not bubbled in 5 minutes, get new yeast.
- Stir in 5-6 cups flour, to make a kneadable dough.
- Knead 5-10 minutes, until satiny.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning to grease dough.
- Cover loosely with a clean damp cloth and let rise till double.
- Punch down; let rise again.
- Punch down; shape into 2 loaves.
- Place in greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, or until thumps hollow on bottom.