graham cracker crumbs
( 15 full crackers)
key lime juice
( 20 - 40 key limes, depending on size and juiciness)
2 (14 ounce) cans
sweetened condensed milk
limes, zest of
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare crust: Thoroughly mix all ingredients. Press into bottom and sides of a 10" pie tin with fingertips. Bake for 8-10 minutes, watching carefully to avoid letting the crust burn. Remove from oven.
- For the filling: Combine filling ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy (I used my Bullet mixer for this and it worked wonderfully). Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until firm.
- Remove and let cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with whipped cream and fresh lime zest.