bulk sausage, I used 1/2 roll of Owens regular flavor
herb seasoned stuffing mix, I used Pepperidge Farm
crushed ranch garlic-flavored croutons
grated mozzarella cheese
grated parmesan cheese, I used Kraft in the cannister
- Twist and remove stems on mushrooms.
- Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel.
- Place, hole side up, on paper towels (if making ahead), in 9x13 cake pan or casserole dish. The towels help with the moisture of the mushrooms, they also should not be touching.
- Mix all other ingredients well and press into cavity in mushrooms.
- Bake as follows or Cover and refrigerate overnight or until about 45 minutes before desired cooking time to bring close to room temperature before baking.
- Uncover and remove paper towels.
- Sprinkle a little more parmesan over tops of filling.
- Add about 1/2 c water to pan.
- Bake 325 for 25-30 minutes Serve warm.