pie pumpkin, seeded, peeled and diced
white onion, chopped
garlic cloves, cloves cut into quarters
4 1/2 cups fish stock or 4 1/2 cups
1 1/4 cups
fresh basil, sliced
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
- Roast pumpkin, onions, and garlic in a roasting pan with a bit of olive oil. In a soup pot, put the roasted items and turn to medium heat.
- Add 3/4 of the stock and simmer for up to 45 minutes, or until fully cooked. Put in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Blend in small amounts of the goat cheese along with the cream if desired.
- Adjust thickness with the leftover stock.
- Add more cream if desired and finish seasoning with herbs, salt, and pepper.
- If you add a filet of your chosen fish, pan-fry it first with oil, salt and pepper, then add it to the soup.