chilled butter, cut into small pieces
shredded parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon
finely shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Add buttermilk, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon dough evenly into 8 mounds on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly coat tops of biscuits with cooking spray (I used a butter flavored spray) and sprinkle with finely shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.