2 (822.13 g) can
cut asparagus spears, reserving 2 tbs liquid
1 (453.59 g) container
236.59 ml grated very mild cheddar cheese (etc.) or 236.59 ml
monterey jack cheese
59.14 ml finely crumbled saltines or 59.14 ml
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Melt 2 tbs butter in microwave-proof bowl, then stir in flour till smooth.
- Add 2 tbs liquid from canned asparagus to flour mixure; stir well.
- Stir in sour cream, grated cheese, salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Thoroughly drain one can asparagus and arrange in bottom of ungreased 9"x2" square casserole.
- Cover evenly with half the sour cream mixture.
- Thoroughly drain second can asparagus and layer.
- Top with remaining sour cream mixture.
- Melt 3 tbs butter and mix with cracker crumbs; spread evenly.
- Bake uncovered 30-40 minutes or until bubbly.